Thank you for joining the Term Limits REVOLUTION! Elections are quickly approaching and we need All Hands On Deck to help us secure as many Term Limits for Congress Pledges as possible from the candidates running for the state legislature.
Our goal is to pass our Article V Application in thirty-four state legislatures to allow the States to propose a Congressional Term Limits Amendment and we need every vote!
It is time to turn up the heat on these candidates by asking them publicly on their Facebook page to support Term Limits for Congress by signing our pledge! If they want to represent you in office, then it is time you interview them for the job and ask them to stand with 82% of the American voters that want term limits for Congress to put an end to these self-serving lifelong career politicians.
Instructions to ask candidates to sign the U.S. Term Limits Pledge.
- Find your legislators to look up your senate (upper) and house (lower) districts.
- Write down your senate and house district numbers.
- Find your state elections here.
- Find the candidates running in your senate and house districts.
- Multiple candidates in the same party are a High Priority!
- Click on the candidate’s name and find their “Campaign Facebook” link.
- Find a post on their page and in the comment section type something like the following:
Congress is dysfunctional and we need new people with fresh ideas! Do you support term limits for Congress?
- If they support term limits for Congress, ask them to sign the pledge by copying/pasting the following:
Thank you for supporting Term Limits for Congress! Will you please sign the Term Limits for Congress Pledge? Here is the link to download it. https://www.termlimits.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/blankState-Article-V-Pledge.pdf
- Ask them to submit the following to this email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
A scanned copy of the signed/witnessed pledge, a quote about why they support term limits for Congress, and a campaign picture for the press release and social media meme.