Two U.S. Term Limits pledge signers, Republican Congressman Rod Blum (IA-1) and Democrat Congressman Beto O’Rourke (TX-16), have announced the formation of a Term Limits Caucus, which will work to build bipartisan support behind a constitutional amendment imposing term limits on Congress.
“The root of this problem is that politicians are incentivized by the system to care more about retaining their position than doing what is best for the country,” Blum said. “Our founding fathers never intended for public service to be a career, rather, serving in Congress was designed to be a temporary sacrifice made for the public good.”
The new working group will marshal pro-term limits members together to pursue common ground. One of its most important duties will be building consensus around the U.S. Term Limits Amendment of three House terms and two Senate terms, to which both Blum and O’Rourke have pledged their exclusive support.
The bipartisan nature of this team reflects the latest Gallup poll on term limits, which shows that huge majorities of Republicans, Democrats and Independents support the reform.
Now is an exciting time to be a term limits supporter, as politicians are increasingly forced to take notice of our emerging movement.
In order to make the caucus successful, more members of Congress need to join the team. That’s why it’s important to Contact Your Congressman and ask them to join Rep. Blum and O’Rourke’s Term Limits Caucus.
Current Membership List
- Rep. Jodey Arrington (R-TX-19)
- Rep. Don Bacon (R-NE-02)
- Rep. Andy Barr (R-KY-06)
- Rep. Rod Blum (R-IA-01), Co-Chair
- Rep. Jim Bridenstine (R-OK-01)
- Rep. Susan Brooks (R-IN-05)
- Rep. Steve Chabot (R-OH-01)
- Rep. Mike Coffman (R-CO-06)
- Rep. Ron DeSantis (R-FL-06)
- Rep. Scott DesJarlais (R-TN-04)
- Rep. Sean Duffy (R-WI-07)
- Rep. Jeff Duncan (R-SC-03)
- Rep. Andy Harris (R-MD-01)
- Rep. Jody Hice (R-GA-10)
- Rep. Richard Hudson (R-NC-08)
- Rep. Frank Lucas (R-OK-03)
- Rep. Tom Marino (R-PA-10)
- Rep. David McKinley (R-WV-01)
- Rep. Beto O’Rourke (D-TX-16), Co-Chair
- Rep. Steven Palazzo (R-MS-04)
- Rep. Robert Pittenger (R-NC-09)
- Rep. Bill Posey (R-FL-08)
- Rep. Tom Rice (R-SC-07)
- Rep. Keith Rothfus (R-PA-12)
- Rep. David Schweikert (R-AZ-06)
- Rep. Claudia Tenney (R-NY-22)